Industrial Maintenance Technician
$30 – $35/hour
Responsibilities: Perform maintenance service and repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, machine or vehicle servicing. Install, maintain, and repair equipment and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment in all areas of operation including forklifts, cranes, off-road spotting tractors, company trucks, bending, blasting, heat-treating, machining, welding and painting/coating equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Perform and document required scheduled inspections.
- Equipment repairs including mechanical, structural, hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Equipment installation, removal and relocation.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, multimeters and other testing equipment.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus or components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Work from ladders, manlifts, scissor lifts, scaffolds or roofs to install, maintain or repair equipment or fixtures.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Repair or replace equipment or fixtures using hand tools or power tools.
- Assemble, install, test or maintain equipment, appliances, apparatus or fixtures using hand tools or power tools following relevant codes.
- Construct or fabricate parts using hand tools, according to specifications.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as moving or lifting heavy objects.
- Assist and perform other mechanical maintenance duties throughout the facility including maintaining facility heating and cooling systems and performing minor building repairs.
- Assist and provide support to other maintenance personnel when installing, maintaining or repairing equipment throughout the facility.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
Valid Driver’s License.
Basic computer skills.
Ability to read and understand equipment drawings.
Preferred Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
3 years of Industrial Maintenance
BendTec offers a competitive compensation package and benefits including health, dental, PTO and retirement.
All Federal and State Labor laws apply.
BendTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer.