NDE Technician (Quality Assurance)
$20 – $25/hour
Responsibilities: The NDE Technician’s responsibility is to ensure work produced by applicable NDE methods meets code and client specifications for quality and safety.
- Ensure compliance with safety and environment guidelines, policies and regulations.
- Perform NDE inspections on welded products in progress and completed jobs.
- Inspect weld jobs for defects such as cracks, porosity, undercut etc. with applicable NDE methods.
- Record results of tests and inspections.
- Plan and conduct the analysis, inspection, test and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
- Review all NDE inspections on components and provide input to the decision of whether to accept or reject the product.
- Document data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Inspect, test or measure materials, products, installations or work for conformance to specifications.
- Measure dimensions of defects to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges or micrometers.
- Mark items with details such as grade or acceptance-rejection status.
- Notify supervisors or other personnel of production or quality problems.
- Discard or reject products, materials or equipment not meeting specifications.
- Collect or select samples for testing or for use as models.
- Write test or inspection reports describing results, recommendations or needed repairs.
- Compare colors, shapes, textures or grades of products or materials with color charts, templates or samples to verify conformance to standards.
- Recommend necessary corrective actions, based on inspection results.
- Clean, maintain, calibrate or repair measuring instruments or test equipment.
- Read dials or meters to verify equipment is functioning at specified levels.
- Check arriving materials to ensure they match purchase orders, submitting discrepancy reports as necessary.
- Inspect or test raw materials, parts or products to determine compliance with environmental standards.
- Position products, components or parts for testing.
- Stack or arrange tested products for further processing, shipping or packaging.
- Adjust, clean or repair products or processing equipment to correct defects found during inspections.
- Disassemble defective parts or components, such as inaccurate or worn gauges or measuring instruments.
- Administer tests to assess whether welders or operators are qualified to use equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
Education Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: 1 – 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in NDE.
Experience Preferred: 1-2 years related experience
Certifications & Licenses:
Preferred: Any previous NDE certifications
BendTec offers a competitive compensation package and benefits including health, dental, PTO and retirement.
All Federal and State Labor laws apply.
BendTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer.