$30 – $40/hour
Responsibilities: The Project Engineer is responsible for the definition, evaluation and compliance of product integrity from receipt of the order through product delivery.
- Review customer contracts and accumulate any associated documents required to conduct a detailed contract review.
- Assign and supervise project directives and drawings.
- Assist in managing and organizing dates, lead times and delivery schedules.
- Determine and verify testing and non-destructive evaluation requirements for each project.
- Develop and/or assist in developing and issuing project cut lists, shipping instructions, testing instructions, service requests and other documentation that is related to the production associated with the contract.
- Develop and distribute spool drawings and travelers.
- Help maintain drawing lists and current revisions being used for production.
- Research, evaluate and select material procurement sources as assigned.
- Assist in vendor selection and pricing negotiations for materials.
- Maintain, process, gather and record changes in the customer’s design to be incorporated within change orders.
- Review customer provided technical specifications and contract documents for possible project directives that may fall outside the governing code boundaries or BendTec’s Quality Assurance Manual requirements.
- Communicate all technical and commercial requirements effectively to all levels of company personnel.
- Participate in conference calls and face to face meetings with the customer and owners as required.
- Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with the customer and end user.
- Develop and verify plans for approval when required by contract.
- Assist the customer and BendTec Quality Control Department in developing a quality plan for each project.
- Develop detailed project directives and/or job specific procedures based on technical specifications, knowledge of the code and previous working experiences with similar projects for submittal to the client and for their use as working instructions for the production staff.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Thorough understanding of client project scope and specifications.
- Provide a team of drafters, checks and others with all information necessary to process pipe spool fabrication drawings for multiple fabrication facilities.
- Communicate with client and resolve any issues pertaining to questions/conflicts regarding scope, specifications and client drawings.
- Thorough understanding of shop methods using the fabrication of pipe spools.
- Familiarity with and utilization of department standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Interact with the clients to resolve any engineering issues.
- Communicate with departments within the company on any engineering related issue pertaining to the project.
- Position requires some overnight travel: attending kickoff meetings with clients, performing site investigation into possible work or completed work fabrication, technical issues or rework.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 0 – 5 years’ experience in the pipe fabrication field
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and JD Edwards experience a plus.
- Familiarity with codes and standards of ASTM, ASME, and PFI.
- Familiarity with various metallurgies.
- Understanding of non-destructive examination methods, heat treatments, paint and welding procedures.
BendTec offers a competitive compensation package and benefits including health, dental, PTO and retirement.
All Federal and State Labor laws apply.
BendTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer.